Sunday, August 19, 2012

My new obsession - cookie dough hummus

I remember when I first found this recipe online.  I mentioned it to my dad, and got a look of disgust.  It does sound odd - I mean, hummus - spicy, salty, anything but sweet, right?  Wrong.



This stuff is DA BOMB!  It is the perfect dessert.  Sweet, with chocolate (if you so desire), and - wait for it - healthy!  Seriously!  I took it to a potluck, and EVERYONE wanted the recipe!

Cookie Dough Hummus

1 1/2 cups chickpeas (if canned, drained and rinsed)

1/4 cup cashew butter

1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk

1/4 cup honey

2 packets Splenda (or similar sweetener)

3 tablespoons ground flax

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1/8 teaspoon baking soda

1/3 cup chocolate or carob chips (optional)

Process all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor - then stir in the chocolate chips.

Serve with animal crackers, graham crackers, or slices of fruit.

I promise - you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment