Saturday, April 7, 2012

Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs

My grandparents always made these eggs when we were growing up.  I wanted to give them a go.  You need some white eggs, yellow onion peels (I used from 6 onions), Easter flower leaves (what my grandmother calls them - I know them as daffodils), and string.  Oh - and it takes 2 people to do them.



You wrap the leaves around the eggs, in whatever configuration you want, then tie a string very tightly around the leaf to hold it in place (this is why it takes two people).



Put all of the eggs in a large pot.



Add your onion peels.



Cover everything with water, and turn it up to boil.



Boil the eggs ten minutes, then - here's what you get!



 



Aren't they beautiful?



 



 



 



Have fun!  I'd love to know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment