Thursday, March 1, 2012

Baby Massage Oils



Baby Massage Oils 






When giving baby a massage, use a safe, natural massage oil.  Those that come recommended include: 




Coconut




Almond




Apricot




Safflower




Avocado




Grapeseed




Olive




Sesame




Sunflower 




Be careful of non-natural, petroleum based oils, and even essential oils, as these can be harmful to baby.

I read a lot about baby massage while I was pregnant, tore out a couple of magazine "how-tos", and was fully prepared to massage my baby every night before s/he went to bed.  Well, SHE had another idea in mind!  She was never a big fan of massage, no matter how much I wanted her to be, given all the benefits I'd read about!  I found if I did it in the morning instead of the evening she tolerated it better, but a five minute session was LONG for us (and very rare).  Anyway - perhaps your wee-one will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment