Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Edible Art

Sometimes I like to leave my daughter in her high chair while I unload the dishwasher or do something there's no way she'll accommodate if she's on the floor.  So, I wanted an activity to keep her occupied while I did such.  I saw this idea in a magazine.

Get a silicone basting brush and some kind of edible "paint", such as yogurt or pudding, and let them create a work of art right on their highchair tray!

I found this at Bob Evans:



It works great!  I do not give my daughter sugary foods, so opted against pudding.  Instead, I went with the plain whole milk yogurt that's a staple in our fridge.  My new conundrum?  How to safely "color" the yogurt.



Just like with the crayons, she's not really that into this activity yet, so we've only done it twice.  Against my better judgement, I used food coloring (I know, I know, I've preached and preached against artificial coloring).  Before we do it again, I need to come up with some natural alternatives.

Suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment